The UK in 2019: Why are global investors optimistic about the UK?
- In a global economy starved of yield, the UK remains attractive
- After Brexit, we could see a resumption in investment within and towards the UK
- Asian and Japanese investors still view the UK as a lucrative investment option
Europe in 2019: What will drive a recovery this year?
- European growth has slowed. Political and economic uncertainty are major factors.
- Demand for euro area assets from Japanese investors remains strong.
- We think European economic growth is set to recover in the 2nd half of this year.
Emerging Markets in 2019: Is this a year of opportunities?
- This year the biggest issue for Central Europe is the Eurozone slow down.
- Turkey is mostly a yield play, even with the forecast this year.
- In 2019, opportunity is returning to emerging Europe and Africa.
Global Asset Allocation Outlook 2019: What does a slowdown regime mean for markets?
- We’ve seen the market shift regimes where growth is heading sub-trend.
- The lack of policy maker ammunition may trigger more unconventional policies.
- This is a classic cyclical end game and markets may need to re-rate further.
Head of International Research
Head of Fixed Income Research, EMEA
Chief UK Economist
Senior EEMEA Economist
Central Europe Economist
Euro Area Economist
Senior FX Strategist
Macro Strategy Research